Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oops ...

So the other day I was wearing girl underwear. I can pass pretty easily; I get mistaken for a girl all the time, even when I'm not consciously in girl mode. I rarely dress in full-on drag, but if I'm wearing underwear it is usually panties. My wardrobe consists mostly of jeans and T-shirts anyway, so it's pretty unisex. If the gender question on my tax forms was a write-in instead of a check box, I'd put "David Bowie."

Most of my panties are pretty demure ... I'm not really into the over-the top sexy ones or anything with tons of frills. Generally, those make me feel a lot more silly than sexy. I'd rather just have something innocent and cute that actually makes me feel like a girl than a tiny piece of lace that does little to contain a rather obvious part of my anatomy.

Anyway, I woke up in girl mode the other day and decided on green and yellow stripes. They're pretty fucking cute. It was a busy day and I sort of forgot I was even wearing them. After the day's classes were done, I went up to one of the studios in the main building to help a classmate with a shoot he was doing. I was the assistant director, which basically meant I was running the show except with regards to telling the actors what kind of performance to give.

The scene we were doing was in a bar set the school has. I was climbing over the counter to get a wire out of the shot when a girl behind me giggled.

"Hey, cute underwear."

I turned around to see the whole crew looking in my direction. I blushed hard. My girlfriend, who is also in the film department, was on set at the time as well, giving me a look of sympathy.

"Are they boxers or briefs or ... do I see a flower?"

I didn't think I was wearing the flower ones today ... the tag must be sticking out.

"Um, well," I replied. "They're girl's underwear actually."

She just shook her head and laughed.

"Wow," she said laughing and shaking her head. "You're awesome. So you and your girlfiend ... do you match?"

"Um," I said. "Not today."

"Are they ... comfortable?"

"Yeah," I said, blushing harder. "They're pretty snug."

A couple of the guys on set looked interested.

"Really?" one said. "I had always kind of wondered."

Essentially it was one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me, especially because I was trying to project an air of authority. I managed to play it pretty well, and keep a reasonable amount of dignity, despite the fact that my whole production class now knows that I wear panties.

Oh well. It totally could have been worse-- I could have been wearing a diaper.

3 comments:

  1. you're not maddie right?

    Also, drama folks are weird and they know it. They really dont care "what" you are in to, but they sure like knowing about it!

    Funny story, would liked to see the reaction of a nice white flash of a diaper >.< what would you say lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, gender diatribes. This does sound like Maddie, doesn't it?

    In any case, I have no idea what I would have said if it was a diaper-- and while directing an important shoot too. God, that would have been MORTIFYING. As it is, I consider myself lucky. I've totally worn diapers to that class before.

    The girl who caught me is totally going to tease me about it forever too ... and I'm working on her shoot tonight. The last time I saw her, she came up to me with a wry grin and asked "What kind are you wearing today?"

    "Little clouds with colorful stars ... and rainbows."

    "Good boy," she responded.

    Still so much better than her asking if dry or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO, that's an adorable story. I think the girl is right to check :P You never know, open day it will be diapers.

    BTW if you can pass as a girl, then damn you :P (Only joking) it's cute.

    ReplyDelete